What I learned about product photography:
- steaming is better than ironing.
- swabs are better than plastic squeezey things that blow air when you want to clean your digital sensor.
- t-pins, straight pins with glass heads, and bubble wrap can come in handy when you want to add life to your still life.
- computer capture would be better than camera capture…if your computer wanted to capture the photos.
- table-top would be better than floor-top… but if it is on the floor then stretch at the same time in order to get your daily exercise.
- changing the color in photoshop is much easier than trying to make 12 items look wrinkle free, lint free, and positioned exactly the same way (ps: there is a color replacement tool in CS3 that will change the color for you… although still tricky to match the exact color you want… it is ridiculously easy.)
- calling your friend Jon, who knows how to do all this stuff already, is much better than trying to figure it out all by yourself.
- photographing people without clothes is a lot easier than photographing clothes without people.