As you have probably heard, women’s rights are under attack in Afghanistan and in Texas.
Listening to the news makes me feel helpless. Helpless because I don’t have money to donate, and helpless because I live in a small crowded house and don’t have any room for refugees, although I have thought about trying to make it work.
And then I remembered I can offer photo shoots, like I have done in the past. I have been thinking about doing a headshot day for awhile, so now feels like the time to do it.
I have chosen two organizations who are helping women in these immediate crisis areas: Women for Afghan Women and the Lilith Fund in Texas.
What is the headshot deal…
The cost of a 20min headshot session will be $350 and I will donate $175 to the nonprofit you choose, either Women for Afghan Women or the Lilith Fund in Texas. You will get 2 edited high resolution files of your choice and all unedited digital files.
How does it work…
- Sign up for a twenty minute photo shoot on either September 26th or October 3rd here: https://paigegreenphotography.setmore.com
- Send me a venmo, with the name of the nonprofit you choose, for either $350 – OR
- Send me a venmo for $175 and an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a receipt of your donation to one of the two organizations for a minimum of $175
- If you want to be extra generous and pay it forward to a local a BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ person in need of headshots then please send me a venmo, with the name of the nonprofit you choose, for $700 and that will cover the cost of a headshot and donation for you and an extra person.
Who: All people are welcome to sign up for a headshot. If you don’t need a headshot but want to squeeze in a quick family shoot that’s ok too. I love animals, you can definitely bring your pets.
What: The headshots can be used for whatever you need them for.
Where: I am not sure the exact location in Petaluma the headshots will be held yet. You will get an email with details after you register. If you have a location that you think would be ideal, please let me know. I’d love to hear some ideas.
- If you have to cancel, please do so with as much notice as possible.
- If you realize you can’t make your slot at the last minute, please try to find a friend to fill your spot.
- There will be no refunds if you cancel the day of the photo shoot.
- The schedule will be tight, so please arrive a little early, so you don’t miss your spot.
- If it is an unhealthy smokey air day then I will reschedule.
- At this point I only have two days available for this special offer. If it goes well then maybe I’ll offer more.
- I will wear a mask and stay six feet away and hopefully the location will be outside, or at least have a big open door to keep the fresh air moving.
- I need a helper each day, so if you would like headshots, but can not afford the cost, but have time to volunteer then please send me an email: email@example.com
- If you need a tax deduction then please make the donation directly to one of the two nonprofits.
- If you don’t need photos, but want to pay it forward that is awesome too. I am happy to offer your photo shoot to a local Petaluman who needs photos.
- I wish I could donate the entire fee to the nonprofits as I have done in the past, but I need to feed my family as well, so this year I am donating half the amount. Usually my headshots cost over $600, so this is a deal.
- All photos on this page are samples of headshots I have taken over the years. I do not know what the background will be yet, but I will try to let you know ahead of time.
THANK YOU for reading this far. Please share this post with anyone in the SF Bay Area, who you think would like the opportunity to support women’s human rights and get some new headshots. If you live in a different part of the Bay Area and think you know enough people who would be interested, I am happy to come to different towns too. Thank you for caring and sharing. I hope to see your faces soon. xxx